Knoxville Chamber Ambassadors serve as an active, volunteer extension of the organization’s staff. The 30-member group cultivates, promotes and maintains a positive relationship between the Chamber, its members and the community. Participants also receive special recognition for their commitment to the regional business community.
Last fiscal year the group, co-chaired by Christa Early, StaffingSolutions/Employbridge Companies and Lorena Hubbard, Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee, filled 527 shifts. Their responsibilities include welcoming new companies to the community at ribbon cuttings, streamlining arrivals at Chamber events and connecting members with organizational resources.
Rewards of serving as an Ambassador:
- Recognition opportunity in the Chamber’s monthly publication Commerce
- Recognition at events and internal meetings
- Ambassador of the Year recognition opportunity
- Develop new business contacts
- Positively promote the Chamber whenever possible
- Attend each monthly Ambassador meeting (1st Tuesday of each month)
- Participate in a minumum of (10) functions during the Chamber’s fiscal year
- Track all activities and report them to the Chamber
The group is currently accepting applications.